SMA News Forums Forums Life Advice and Transitions College Students Getting Involved with Campus Life

• Getting Involved with Campus Life

Posted by kevin-schaefer on September 6, 2018 at 7:00 am

I met the author of this article at a conference about a year and a half ago, and she does a great job talking about the importance of getting involved as a student https://smanewstoday.com/2018/09/01/school-with-sma-sponsored-post/?amp. Angie writes about her high school experiences here, but I believe her points here apply to college life as well.

The biggest point she makes here is that if we want to be treated normally in academic or work settings, we have to put ourselves out there and engage with others. I started off my high school days on a great note by talking with people around me, both students in my class and upperclassmen. I also joined clubs and became active from day one. Sure there were awkward times as well as good ones, but my school experiences were always greatly enhanced by participating in student life. No matter what stage of life you’re in, getting involved in something and finding that community goes a long way.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.