SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA I’m Having a Party! Take that Coronavirus

• I’m Having a Party! Take that Coronavirus

Posted by deann-r on June 16, 2020 at 11:00 am

I have big news, it’s official, I’m on the waiting list for a successor service dog. Probably it’ll still be six to nine months, but somehow it’s reassuring I’m on the list. For that reason I wanted to celebrate. Of course an actual party is out of the question because of this stupid virus. Therefore I’m going virtual. I decided to have an online Thirty-One party. For those of you unfamiliar, Thirty-One sells bags, totes and organizational tools. I actually use them to hold a lot of my medical equipment and supplies. Who needs to have medical equipment staring you in the face right? My consultant is awesome because she understands the need for a virtual party as she has an at-risk family member herself. She’s very engaging with my friends and is making it fun. I’m excited to get some bags for traveling to training and totes to hold my dog stuff. I’m happy to see my friends finding useful goodies as well. Have you guys held any virtual parties? Any tips to make it a success?

p.s. If you’re interested in checking out my party (it ends Friday 6/19), message me and I can send you the link. I just didn’t want to spam this post.

lisa replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

June 16, 2020 at 6:09 pm

I’m so happy to hear you’re officially on a waiting list for a dog! I remember getting that phone call and wanting to celebrate as well.

I haven’t attended any online shopping parties in this quarantine but have done Facebook parties in the past for companies like LuLaRoe. They‘re fun! I actually threw my first surprise Zoom birthday party last night which was a good time. My best friend turned 30 today, so I wanted to do something for her. It was nothing elaborate or fancy but we had a good turnout. 🙂

• lisa

October 8, 2020 at 3:10 am

This is so wonderful. Congratulations, DeAnn 🙂