SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Motivation Monday: Prepping for the Winter With SMA

• Motivation Monday: Prepping for the Winter With SMA

Posted by kevin-schaefer on October 28, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

For today’s Motivation Monday topic, I wanted to talk about prepping for the winter with SMA. I know this is a topic we’ve brought up multiple times before, as it affects most of us. When the cold weather hits, it makes it difficult for a lot of us to get out and do things.

Though I read and write a lot anyway, I try to increase my time on these activities during the wintertime. If I’m stuck at home because it’s too cold, I always have a stack of unread books on my desk (I’m notorious for buying books before finishing what I’m currently reading). I’m also looking forward to spending time at home during my company’s holiday break at the end of December, as it’ll give me time to write.

What about you all? What things do you do in the wintertime to stay active?

halsey-blocher replied 4 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • rachel-markley

October 28, 2019 at 2:05 pm

My winter doesn’t really change except on the weekends. I still have to work everyday but I the weekends I hibernate and mostly read or play computer games.

• halsey-blocher

October 29, 2019 at 9:31 pm

I also keep several unread books close by. Plus I have a vast kindle library but I have always preferred real books. Winter is also a busy time for my volunteering. I help organize a major fundraiser that takes place in March every year, so much of my winter is spent working on that. My role doesn’t require me to leave the house much, so I’m free to work at home where it’s warm! It is really nice to be able to keep warm while still being a part of something that’s really important to me.