SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Opening a Bottle With The Jaco Robotic Arm

• kathryn

March 24, 2022 at 3:04 am

Have you ever tried doing your makeup? I’m trying to get a Jaco but insurance is giving me a hard time.  That’s what I’m hoping to be able to do with mine. Finally, put makeup on myself.

• deann-r

March 24, 2022 at 9:06 am

Getting insurance coverage is a battle.  As far as makeup, I haven’t attempted it.  I’m not saying it can’t be done, but the Jaco’s precision isn’t up to par for that in my opinion.  Or my skills using it for that matter.  It kind of depends on what you’re trying to do though and what abilities you have.  For example it could certainly hold a makeup brush and bring it to your face.  But then I would probably move my face around to apply the makeup if that makes sense.  Unless you’re super talented I don’t think eyeliner is an option.  You also have to consider how you get the makeup onto the brush or tools.  Using the Jaco it could be very time consuming.  It could also be a fun challenge.