SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Venturing Out of Hibernation

• Venturing Out of Hibernation

Posted by deann-r on February 9, 2021 at 7:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxN4dVtLYpI

In efforts to remain healthy many of us, especially those of us at high risk, have been homebound for the last year or so. Needless to say, it’s getting old. I prefer the term hibernation. It implies a time when winter ends and we can slowly rejoin the world. In this video, I decided to venture out of hibernation for the first time in a while.

It wasn’t an easy decision considering the fact we’re still amidst a global pandemic. Not only do I talk about what factored into my decision, but I also let you know the precautions I took and my feelings on going out. Something that brings me joy plants, so I thought going to a greenhouse would be a great first outing. As a bonus, I give you a useful plant care tip. Here’s a hint, it recycles a common household medical supply. You’ll have to watch the video to find out what it is.

My home is my sanctuary and this adventure was a way for me to enhance my space to make it even more enjoyable while I spend the majority of my time there. The need for hibernation varies from person to person. I encourage you to do what makes you happy at your comfort level. If you’re not ready to venture out I still encourage you to make your space a place where you can find enjoyment. Figure out what makes you happy and surround yourself with that.

Have you ventured out yet? Was it enjoyable or stressful? I’d love to hear from you! Let me know in the comment section below!

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

February 10, 2021 at 9:06 am

I have yet to venture out, but I can see your reasoning behind your decision! I actually just saw a commercial for a new greenhouse one town over from me, so I’ll hopefully go there soon once I’m fully vaccinated and the numbers are lower. Greenhouses are awesome! I love buying plants, but keeping them alive is another story hahaha