This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 5 months ago by DeAnn R.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Trying to be eco-friendly I purchased one of those insulated water bottles with the flip up straws.  I liked how tall it was and figured it would fit a whole bottle of my favorite flavored water while keeping it cold all afternoon.  There’s a few things to consider if you decide to give one a try. First, they’re substantially heavier than I anticipated, so I have to have it placed where it’s going to be where I can reach the straw without lifting it.  Second the straw needs to be popped all the way up to be used.  Since I can’t do that myself I have to make sure my PCA’s do that before they leave.  Today it’s about 1/8 inch off, so it’s like I’m sucking through a straw with a hole in it.  Third make sure it has a straw if you need one.  Many styles I looked at didn’t so you’d have to tip them up to drink from them.  All I can say is that I hope a saved a sea turtle because it almost more hassle than it’s worth.  Any suggestions on a good brand or style with less headaches in using?

Ryan Berhar
      Keymaster

I have never been able to use water bottles because I can’t lift them, and if someone tries to assist me, it’ll just spill everywhere. This is something that the robotic arm will do for me. I’m super excited about that.

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Same. Before I acquired my JACO robotic arm, I couldn’t use a bottle. With the arm however, it’s incredibly easy to use bottles and cans to drink. Bottles are just kind of a pain without a piece of equipment like the JACO arm.

Lydia Fecteau
      Participant

I have been using Fleximug’s hand’s free drinking mug. This is a wonderful product, which I highly recommend. https://www.amazon.com/Fleximug-Hands-Free-Drinking-Mug/dp/B01735UMAW/ref=lp_13495396011_1_2_a_it?srs=13495396011&ie=UTF8&qid=1533653926&sr=8-2&th=1

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Thanks for the recommendation Lydia!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

That does look pretty cool!  Is it easy to clean?

Lydia Fecteau
      Participant

It is very easy to clean. The straws come apart and there’s a little brush included that clean them. Thermos itself can be put in the dishwasher.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Awesome! Thanks. Might be on my Christmas list, although my Birthday is closer…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.