• Winter Bucket List

Posted by alyssa-silva on December 16, 2019 at 7:00 am

For many of us, winter is typically indicative of hibernation. Cold and flu season is upon us, the frigid temperatures mess with our muscles, and the snow makes it difficult to venture out of the house.

Hibernation almost becomes our only option.

I have mixed feelings about this time of year. On one end, I’d obviously much rather be secluded and healthy than exposed at the risk of getting sick. But staying in gets old pretty quickly.

What are some ideas to keep busy during the winter? I’m thinking about making a practical bucket list— even if it’s something as simple as watching a season of a new series on Netflix!

Would love some ideas.

halsey-blocher replied 4 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • halsey-blocher

December 16, 2019 at 9:22 pm

I love this idea! Personally, I love make holiday treats. My mom and I are planning to make chocolate covered pretzels to give to people. They’re easy and so tasty!

Do you like to read? I read a bit of most genres so I could probably make a few recommendations.

• deann-r

December 17, 2019 at 9:26 am

Sometimes I like to try out new hobbies during the winter months. They didn’t usually stick, like loom knitting, but fun to try. Do you collect anything? It can be fun to search for that elusive piece to add to your collection this time of year. What type of shows do you like? I’m working on the new season of The Incredible Mrs. Maisel on Prime. I like it.

• deann-r

December 17, 2019 at 9:31 am

Halsey, dipping pretzels reminded me of a recipe I want to try. You take Werthers soft caramels and smoosh them into crushed almonds. Then roll them into a ball, dip them into chocolate and sprinkle toasted coconut on top. No baking required!

• alyssa-silva

December 17, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Halsey,  yes! I do like to read.  I read mostly nonfiction but am willing to dabble into fiction.

• alyssa-silva

December 17, 2019 at 1:23 pm

There are definitely some shows I need to watch this winter, DeAnn! But I get what you’re saying how some hobbies just don’t stick. I feel like I always set lofty goals for the winter and then never follow through on them haha.

• halsey-blocher

December 17, 2019 at 9:13 pm

I’m a fiction fan too. Let me check my kindle and get back to you! I have some ideas, but can’t remember ther authors names.

• halsey-blocher

December 17, 2019 at 9:15 pm

DeAnn, I love that idea! No bake recipes are awesome! I’m not personally not a coconut fan, but I know some people that would love that!