SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Working From Home… Forever?

• Working From Home… Forever?

Posted by alyssa-silva on May 14, 2020 at 11:00 am

Did everyone see that Twitter announced their employees will have the option to continue to work from home long after the pandemic is over?

Like telehealth conferencing, I’m curious to see if this “new” practice is here to stay. I used quotations for ‘new’ because working from home isn’t some novel idea. But perhaps companies would be more open to it.

This has actually been the case for my brother’s engineering company. They were adamant about keeping their office open but gave working from home a test run, and it has worked out much better than originally expected.

Could this possibly be a great advantage to the disability community and finding work? What are your thoughts?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • halsey-blocher

May 14, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Working from home is not new to me, but I do hope it becomes more widely accepted. Some people work very well from home at it clearly has potential benefits for the disabled community.

• alyssa-silva

May 16, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Yeah, I’ve been super fortunate to have always had a WFH job. Companies seem to shy away from it for some reason. Hopefully this will be eye-opening and create more opportunities for the disability community in the workforce.