August is Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Awareness Month. To help spread the word about the disease and raise much-needed funds for research into treatments and therapies, Cure SMA has come up with a list of ideas to help you get started:
- Hold an awareness day with your local sports team
- Reach out to local celebrities and politicians to ask for proclamations or statements
- Reach out to local newspapers, and TV and radio stations
- Become an advocate
- Join your local Cure SMA chapter and volunteer
- Host a fundraising event
- Hold a group candle lighting to honor those who have lost their battle with the disease
- Spread the word on social media
Throughout the month, Cure SMA will also be hosting a social media outreach campaign. The organization is asking people to post photographs on Facebook of someone who inspires them to raise awareness for SMA, or a picture of them taking part in a fundraising event using the hashtag #cureSMA or tag Cure SMA.
You can also update your profile picture for your social media accounts with a Cure SMA twibbon.
SMA News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?