SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ Parent Columnist Writes About His Daughter’s Sleepover

• ryan-berhar

April 25, 2019 at 11:20 pm

Very cool. I didn’t really do sleepovers, because obviously they’d have to be at my house, and I didn’t want my friends seeing all my machines and what not that I use during the night. This column didn’t really cover any of that. Maybe Ella doesn’t need much in that regard?

• kevin-schaefer

July 10, 2019 at 10:40 am

I get that it can be awkward, but it’s just one of those things you deal with. My friends help me with a lot of other things, and they know my needs. It doesn’t really bother me if they see me with my BiPAP and other equipment.

• ryan-berhar

July 10, 2019 at 4:16 pm

That’s more so the case for me now, but I was way more paranoid about that stuff when I was younger. Sleepovers were never really something I desired to do anyway, as it is just sleeping after all.

• krystal

July 10, 2019 at 8:51 am

I enjoyed this post. It gives me a lot of hope for my daughter in that there will definitely be things that she will be able to enjoy, “just like any other kid.”

• kevin-schaefer

July 10, 2019 at 10:31 am

Absolutely! I think that as she grows up, you’ll be amazed by all the things she can do.