SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA 2022 Day 5 of #31DaysofSMA: On Breaking Barriers and Keeping Hope Alive

• Day 5 of #31DaysofSMA: On Breaking Barriers and Keeping Hope Alive

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on August 8, 2022 at 4:38 pm

Jose Flores is a 45-year-old from Florida, a global motivator, consultant, and No. 1 bestselling author on Amazon. He’s been breaking barriers since the day he was born. Doctors didn’t expect Jose to live beyond his teenage years. He’s still here.

As Jose began to lose his ability to do certain things, one thing he never lost was hope.

He just celebrated 15 years of marriage, has two children, his own home, drives a car with a joystick, and travels the world inspiring millions to live life to the fullest and never give up.

“I’m going to continue breaking as many barriers as I possibly can. Will you join me?”

Yes, Jose, your positive spirit is contagious!

Now back to our SMA community, is there anything doctors said you couldn’t do, but you did anyway?

To read the rest of Jose’s story, and learn more about his relentless attitude, click here.

SMA News Today’s 31 Days of SMA campaign will publish one story per day for SMA Awareness Month in August. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofSMA, or read the full series.

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

August 8, 2022 at 6:55 pm

Stories like Jose’s give me hope. I’ve had some doctors put me in a box, so to speak, when they see my diagnosis and how severe it is. It’s like they meet my diagnosis before they meet me. Like Jose, I also believe hope plays a huge role. But it definitely requires a lot of faith and tenacity, too. So cool to learn about his story.