SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Amazon Prime Day is Coming Up!

• Amazon Prime Day is Coming Up!

Posted by alyssa-silva on July 5, 2022 at 11:00 am

I hope everyone in the US had a great Fourth! Amazon Prime Day starts a week from today, and I’m honestly quite excited about it. I always am. After all, I am a sucker for a good sale. Is there anything on your shopping list you’re hoping to buy? Any gadget to make life more accessible for you? I’m not sure what I’m going to buy yet. I have to take a few minutes to see what I need and what sales they will have.

deann-r replied 1 year, 9 months ago 6 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • chantal-theriault

July 5, 2022 at 2:28 pm

Hi,  What is exactly Amazon Prime Day ??? Some of the profits goes to SMA ???

• deann-r

July 6, 2022 at 11:11 am

I equate it to the summer version of Black Friday. Walmart and Target are getting in on it too I’ve heard. As far as Amazon there’s no real affiliation with SMA but if you shop through smile.Amazon.com (I think) you can select an organization to have a small portion of the proceeds to go to. For example I’ve chosen Canine Companions. Cure SMA and NMD United are options as well I believe.

• alyssa-silva

July 5, 2022 at 5:21 pm

Hi Chantal. Amazon Prime Day is a 2-day sale on amazon.com. There are always great deals on devices and gadgets that help promote independent living for us. A great example would be an Amazon Echo or Kindle reader.

• deann-r

July 6, 2022 at 11:18 am

I’m always tempted with a smart microwave or trash can. I just don’t know how useful they would actually be. Unfortunately I don’t have funds at the moment. My debit card got hacked and I’m working on getting some unauthorized charges refunded. Ugh.

• dennis-turner

July 7, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Auto trash cans are wonderful. Enough that I have just replaced my old one that broke when I knocked it over.

• alyssa-silva

July 9, 2022 at 8:28 am

I feel so out of the loop here… what are automatic trash cans??

• kip-troendle

July 7, 2022 at 3:20 pm

It just so happens, my 2nd gen Echo keeps losing its WiFi connection. So I will hopefully land a good deal on a new 4 gen. All together I have 5 throughout the house. I really like “Alexa, make an announcement” to request assistance.

• alyssa-silva

July 9, 2022 at 8:30 am

You can never have too many Amazon Echos! That is a great feature. Definitely comes in handy for me too.

• deann-r

July 11, 2022 at 10:32 am

I think I have one in almost every room.

• alyssa-silva

July 9, 2022 at 8:37 am

So my sister-in-law was telling me about how you can get a $10 credit for Prime Day this week. It’s all explained on Amazon here, but basically, you’re given a “stampcard” and you have to stream different things. And when you stream all four things, you get the credit. Looks like I got a busy weekend ahead of me. ????

• kip-troendle

July 11, 2022 at 2:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this!

• deann-r

July 12, 2022 at 3:10 pm

Temptation was too great. I caved and purchased the Dot/smart bulb combo for $20, the free year of GrubHub and Paramount+ for 99 cents a month for two months. Now I have to set Alexa reminders to cancel when these promotions expire. Have you found some great deals?

• alyssa-silva

July 13, 2022 at 12:05 pm

Nice DeAnn! I bought a new shower head that I’ve been meaning to buy for a year or more. Then I also bought this neat pillow that has indents for your ears. They call it a CPAP pillow and it looks pretty promising. Here’s the link if you’re interested.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQ9468V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• micaela-macdougall

July 13, 2022 at 2:30 pm

That sounds so cool!  The link isn’t showing up for me, can you repost it?

• alyssa-silva

July 13, 2022 at 9:32 pm

Oh sorry! That’s strange. Maybe if I post the link like this. Let me know if it works!

• micaela-macdougall

July 14, 2022 at 9:02 am

That worked, thanks!

• deann-r

July 14, 2022 at 1:33 pm

I also took advantage of the three month free trial of Audible. Starting with Where the Crawdads Sing. Any tips or recommendations to make the most of my trial?

• alyssa-silva

July 15, 2022 at 10:59 am

I’m not into audiobooks so I don’t have any good advice for ya. But just wanted to say I loved that book and am looking forward to the movie!

• deann-r

July 21, 2022 at 10:48 am

I’m not sure audiobooks are my thing either, but I thought I’d give it a try. Now that I got through the book I can go see the movie. Movies are never as good, but we’ll see how it holds up to the Audible version.