SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Any advice for bug bite relief?

• Any advice for bug bite relief?

Posted by deann-r on May 30, 2018 at 6:54 pm

As I’m scrolling through my Facebook feed trying to ignore the unimaginably itchy mosquito bites on the back of my arm this article pops up,
    <h1 class=”entry-title”>Patiently Waiting for an Itch to Be Scratched</h1>
    https://smanewstoday.com/2018/05/25/sma-patiently-waiting-itch-scratched/

Someone gets it!  Although I’m a huge fan of the great outdoors, the bugs that come with it not so much.  Alyssa details the underlying cause for her spider phobia.  Hate spiders too but mosquitoes and wasps are my nemesis.  While on a camping trip as a kid my parents unknowingly set me on a picnic table with a wasp nest underneath. I was stung 5 times before they could swoop in to my rescue.  Even though I’m seemingly calm if a bee approaches I run the “what if it crawls up my sleeve and stings me” scenario in my head every time.

Mosquitoes are a creature, even though ecologists would argue otherwise,  I’m convinced the world could do without. I’ve tried planting repellent plants, those bracelets, fans, lamps, sprays and even putting up a bat house to attract bats to eat those evil suckers.  Somehow I still end up with bites.  Skilled nurses can’t find my blood, I don’t know how they can.  Not to mention even with their miniscule brains they know exactly where I can’t reach.

How do you get bug bite relief?  How do you prevent the bites to begin with?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

deann-r replied 5 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.