SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Are there any cool, adaptive tech gadgets to get on Prime Day?

• Are there any cool, adaptive tech gadgets to get on Prime Day?

Posted by alyssa-silva on July 10, 2023 at 11:25 am

PSA: Hey everyone. Don’t forget Amazon Prime Day is tomorrow and Wednesday!

Maybe now is the time for me to bite the bullet and get automatic shades. But I’d love to know: Are there any cool, adaptive tech gadgets you have your eye on for this sale? Or maybe some suggestions for others to buy during this time?

deann-r replied 9 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • deann-r

July 11, 2023 at 8:40 am

Last year I picked up the motion sensor trash cans. The smaller one is really too short to be of use for me. The larger one is nice but you have to have the space for it. They work pretty slick and the batteries last longer than I thought they might.

• alyssa-silva

July 11, 2023 at 9:07 am

Omg! I added that to my Amazon wish list the other day. My new puppy is a trash eater so I need to replace some of the bins. Glad to hear they’re useful. Are you planning on buying anything this year?

• dennis-turner

July 11, 2023 at 4:53 pm

I bought a 13 gallon motion detector trash can with a pet lock. It is worked well until I broke the cover trying to change the bag. Who knew dropping it from 3 feet and having it land in such away as to snap off the lid….

Yes I immediately ordered a new one.

Otherwise no suggestions.

• deann-r

July 14, 2023 at 10:07 pm

Ha, I knocked the lid off mine the other day. Thankfully it landed in the can so had a soft landing.

• kathryn

July 12, 2023 at 9:50 pm

I’ve been looking for shades that work with Alexa. Do they have those on Amazon?

• alyssa-silva

July 14, 2023 at 2:42 pm

Hey Kathryn. They have these that I found. It looks as though you attach something to blinds that you already have, and it makes them automatic. Though they have good reviews I didn’t end up getting them. Right now I have room darkening shades that I’m just not ready to part with yet.

I think @deann-r has something fancier though!

• deann-r

July 14, 2023 at 10:04 pm

Mine are Bliss shades. I had them professionally installed so not sure if they’re available on Amazon. They are on the pricey side but worth the investment if you have only a window or two. You might be able to find programs to help offset the cost too.