SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Bachelor Party Recap

• Bachelor Party Recap

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 15, 2019 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great weekend!

As I mentioned the other day, I had my brother’s bachelor party this weekend. I’ll have more to say about it in my column next week, but overall it was a success. I couldn’t stay overnight at the Airbnb with the guys, which I wasn’t planning on anyway, but I was able to do most everything on the itinerary on Friday night and Saturday. Mostly, we just hung out at bars and restaurants in Durham and Raleigh. Even when it rained on Friday night and the baseball game we were supposed to got cancelled, we were all pretty flexible.

If you are planning on going to a bachelor/bachelorette party in the future, or any kind of social event like this, I would recommend talking with whoever’s planning it ahead of time. I’ve known these guys for years, and they were all willing to make changes and do whatever was necessary to accommodate me. They also made sure that I had rides, and they let my Dad hang out with us on Saturday, since he was driving me then.

Friday was more challenging, between heavy rain and the fact that downtown Durham has a lot of accessibility issues. My brother-in-law and I decided to leave a little early and go to a movie, which worked out fine. Saturday in Raleigh was a lot better, and I had no problem getting around town. We met up at a brewery first, went to lunch at a barbecue place, and then watched a hockey game at a popular venue downtown. I was a little too tired to go with them to a concert that night, but I still made it for the majority of the events.

Does anyone here have any events like this coming up? Do you have any questions about planning and logistics?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.