SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA A Tribute to My Best Friend: My Brother

• A Tribute to My Best Friend: My Brother

Posted by sma-news-today-moderator on April 15, 2018 at 1:12 pm

In this column, SMA News Today patient and writer, Alyssa Silva, writes a touching note to her brother who has been by her side helping her on her journey:

“On April 10, social media exploded with pictures and posts pinned with #NationalSiblingsDay. Using it, people shared sweet or comical words about their siblings and what they mean to them. I, too, was among the millions of posts shared. However, it was difficult for me to condense a snapshot of my sibling bond into an Instagram caption, so I thought I’d take to my column to introduce you to my favorite guy around.

“Meet Adam, one of the most selfless human beings you will ever know. I write this with confidence. Adam is about two and a half years older than me and has served many roles in my life since the day I was born. Best big brother, role model, and partner-in-crime are just a few of my favorites. He has stolen the hearts of many with the way he treats me and has unintentionally dubbed me as the luckiest sister on the planet.

“Growing up, Adam always put his own life aside to help my parents raise me. He sacrificed nights out with friends and never once complained about it. In everything Adam did, he intentionally put me first, ensuring that I was well taken care of. It was always done out of love.”

Read more from Alyssa here: “For My Best Friend, My Brother

Have some kind words to share about someone who’s helped you on your journey? Leave them here! 

sma-news-today-moderator replied 6 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.