• Posted by deann-r on November 9, 2021 at 4:21 pm

The other day I was having a snack and chewed on something hard. Since I don’t eat crunchy foods I was like what the heck. When I spit it out I realized it was a chunk of my tooth. Sure enough a piece of my molar broke off. Thankfully it didn’t hurt, but I knew I better call the dentist. Of course this brings up all kinds of anxiety with my limited jaw extension. Luckily it was on the outer side for him to see easier. He said in ideal world they would crown it but it’s difficult and expensive. He could try filling it, but since it didn’t look decayed he could just smooth it out and we can keep an eye on it. The latter is the option I went with since I know even a filling would be problematic. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing it’s not a huge deal. He did stress brushing it well because particles will be prone to get stuck in it, but I can manage that. Do you have anxiety going to the dentist?

alyssa-silva replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

November 10, 2021 at 4:44 pm

I probably would have done the same. I used to be fine at the dentist until one day I had a severe reaction to Novocain. I’ve honestly never been the same since the reaction and no one really knows exactly what happened. Yay for being a medical mystery…