SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Challenging Myself In Other Ways

• Challenging Myself In Other Ways

Posted by alyssa-silva on February 2, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Well, I made it. I officially and successfully completed a “No Spending Challenge” for the month of January. It was definitely more challenging than I thought. Of course, I spent money on essentials. But I cut back on Amazon purchases, Starbucks, and frivolous things like that. In a world where SMA presents so many challenges, it was nice to challenge myself in new ways where my health wasn’t at the forefront of the matter. Have you ever done a No Spending challenge or something similar?

kevin-schaefer replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • blake-watson

February 2, 2022 at 9:35 pm

I wouldn’t say I’m bad with money or anything but I would have trouble making it a whole month. For one thing, I have too many subscriptions. For example, I started the new year off by subscribing to Font of the Month Club, where you get emailed a new font (and its delightful backstory) every single month. ????

• kevin-schaefer

February 3, 2022 at 9:13 am

Congrats! I know something like this would be good for me. I spend way too much on books, movies, collectibles, and eating out each month.