SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ Columnist Shares His Daughters Fear About Bullying

• Columnist Shares His Daughters Fear About Bullying

Posted by alyssa-silva on July 8, 2020 at 11:03 am

In a recent column, Michael Casten discusses his daughter’s fears about being bullied when she gets to junior high school. Ella (the daughter with SMA) is heading into 5th grade this fall but had recently watched a YouTube video about a person being bullied and started to worry about her own future experiences.

Bullying is such an important conversation to have with your child, and my heart goes out to Ella. I never experienced bullying (at least to my knowledge) in school, but there were definitely students who were apprehensive to be around me. Heading into junior high, I had similar fears. But it was a much different time back then where I didn’t have to worry about cyber bullying or social media or even texting because none of it existed yet. Kids nowadays have a much different reality.

Do you have advice on bullying for Ella and her parents? I’m sure others in this forum would benefit as well.

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.