Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ryan Berhar

Hey everyone, here’s Kala’s newest column. She points out how unproductive it is to compare the severity of our disabilities, yet we do it quite often. Even beyond disabilities, it seems to me that it’s human nature to compare ourselves to others. Especially for those of us with disabilities, it’s a great way to feel discontent with our lives, so I definitely agree with Kala. What are your takeaways? Do you struggle with comparing yourself to others?

Confronting Discrimination and Health Challenges Isn’t a Contest

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

I like that she points out that it isn’t a contest to see who is the most sick. It amazes me that people make it into that. I don’t want to win that kind of contest nor do I see why anyone else would. We should be able to share our struggles without having our disabilities turned into some sort of twisted competition.

Ryan Berhar

That’s a good point. There are people who genuinely just need to vent and receive support, and being met with something like “I’m worse off than you and managed to do X Y and Z”, just pours gas on the fire.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account