SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Columnist Writes About Embracing the Spirit of Halloween

• Columnist Writes About Embracing the Spirit of Halloween

Posted by kevin-schaefer on October 30, 2019 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week so far.

Check out my latest column here. Halloween is almost here, and I get super into it. I wrote about how Halloween fosters a spirit of imagination, and how imagination is such an important tool for those of us with SMA. We thrive on our imaginations to figure out solutions to everyday problems, and to live our lives. At least, that’s my perspective.

Are you a fan of Halloween? What do you think about imagination intersecting with life with SMA?

kevin-schaefer replied 4 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • halsey-blocher

October 30, 2019 at 9:16 pm

I’m not a huge Halloween person, but I do enjoy it. Mostly I enjoy the chocolate. But I do also like seeing how creative people get sometimes.

• kevin-schaefer

October 31, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Halsey! And yes, I’m a big fan of chocolate too haha.

• alyssa-silva

November 1, 2019 at 2:46 pm

My favorite part about Halloween is going to bed and waking up to knowing that it is officially acceptable to listen to Christmas music. 🙂 However, I am a big fan of pumpkin Reese’s and the overall season that comes with the holiday!

Love the column, Kevin. Great connection made with the spirit of Halloween and getting creative living with SMA.

• kevin-schaefer

November 4, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Yeah I have plenty of family members who are already in Christmas mode too. For me it’s Star Wars season lol.

And thanks!