• Sponsored Post

Adapting to Life Outside Our Home With SMA

I once heard a joke that a woman’s mind is like an Internet browser that has 1000 tabs open and running at once. I laughed at the time, but came to realize that if I didn’t actually feel like this before hearing the short acronym “SMA,” I most certainly do now.

I spend much of my time pre-planning and thinking of possible problems that we may run into because of the kids’ diagnoses. I think many other SMA parents do this as well. Prior to our lives with SMA, we didn’t realize just how inaccessible the world is to those who are differently-abled.

• This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Schaefer 1 week ago.

• Author
       Kevin Schaefer 
      Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week so far.

Check out my latest column here. Halloween is almost here, and I get super into it. I wrote about how Halloween fosters a spirit of imagination, and how imagination is such an important tool for those of us with SMA. We thrive on our imaginations to figure out solutions to everyday problems, and to live our lives. At least, that’s my perspective.

Are you a fan of Halloween? What do you think about imagination intersecting with life with SMA?

Halsey Blocher 
      Participant

I’m not a huge Halloween person, but I do enjoy it. Mostly I enjoy the chocolate. But I do also like seeing how creative people get sometimes.

Kevin Schaefer 
        Keymaster

Thanks Halsey! And yes, I’m a big fan of chocolate too haha.

Alyssa Silva 
      Keymaster

My favorite part about Halloween is going to bed and waking up to knowing that it is officially acceptable to listen to Christmas music. 🙂 However, I am a big fan of pumpkin Reese’s and the overall season that comes with the holiday!

Love the column, Kevin. Great connection made with the spirit of Halloween and getting creative living with SMA.

Kevin Schaefer 
        Keymaster

Yeah I have plenty of family members who are already in Christmas mode too. For me it’s Star Wars season lol.

And thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.