• Sponsored Post

Adapting to Life Outside Our Home With SMA

I once heard a joke that a woman’s mind is like an Internet browser that has 1000 tabs open and running at once. I laughed at the time, but came to realize that if I didn’t actually feel like this before hearing the short acronym “SMA,” I most certainly do now.

I spend much of my time pre-planning and thinking of possible problems that we may run into because of the kids’ diagnoses. I think many other SMA parents do this as well. Prior to our lives with SMA, we didn’t realize just how inaccessible the world is to those who are differently-abled.

• This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DeAnn R 7 hours, 29 minutes ago.

• Author
       DeAnn R 
      Keymaster

OK, I admit it, I’m a planner. Are you? In Kala Godin’s latest column she outlines her plans for November. Now that she’s feeling better she feels setting goals will help her be more productive. October had its ups and downs. As like with many of us, difficulty finding a vein led to frustration. I can certainly relate. Now that October is behind her she’s planning more activities that bring enjoyment. One of which is the NaNoWriMo challenge. Read more about it in her column. What are your plans for November?

Alyssa Silva 
      Keymaster

I’m definitely not a planner, but I wish I was! If anything, I’ll make a list before bed of things I need to do for the next day. The spontaneity keeps a level of excitement in my life. 🙂

I’m currently sick, unfortunately, so my only goal for this month is to rest, heal, and stay healthy for Thanksgiving!

DeAnn R 
        Keymaster

Sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. If I get sick it’s usually around Christmas, so maybe it’s a good thing you’re getting it over with before the holidays.

It’s kind of funny, even though I like to plan ahead I don’t make lists and I’m not a calendar person. Probably contradictory, but so far it works ok. I think everyone finds what works for them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.