• Sponsored Post

Planes, Trains, & Accessible Travel With SMA

Talk to your doctor to determine if you or your child is fit to travel.

Traveling with a child is never easy. Traveling with a child in a wheelchair is an extra challenge. The first time Leah flew on an airplane, she was six months old, almost a year before she was diagnosed. We have always been a traveling family and once she was diagnosed, we were both hopeful and determined that it wouldn’t hold us back.

I have always flown with Leah by myself, just the two of us. Call me crazy; it’s OK, I am. There are some things we have learned that have made it so much easier for us.

• This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adnan Hafizovic 3 weeks ago.

• Author
       Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

Hey everyone, here’s Michael’s newest column. He talks about Ella’s recent ankle injury that she sustained on her adaptive bike. They had to make another trip to the ER to get it x rayed. Fortunately, it’s sprained, not broken. I’ve had ankle injuries myself, and they’re some of the worst pain ever. Have you guys had any similar incidents?

Ella Takes Another Trip to the Emergency Room

Adnan Hafizovic 
      Participant

I had similar accidents, but fortunately, and thanking God, I did not break anything. Once I dropped out of the wheelchair and fell on my leg, luckily I was wearing winter boots so I just stretched my ankles.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.