• Sponsored Post

Planes, Trains, & Accessible Travel With SMA

Talk to your doctor to determine if you or your child is fit to travel.

Traveling with a child is never easy. Traveling with a child in a wheelchair is an extra challenge. The first time Leah flew on an airplane, she was six months old, almost a year before she was diagnosed. We have always been a traveling family and once she was diagnosed, we were both hopeful and determined that it wouldn’t hold us back.

I have always flown with Leah by myself, just the two of us. Call me crazy; it’s OK, I am. There are some things we have learned that have made it so much easier for us.

• This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Halsey Blocher 1 month ago.

• Author
       Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

Hey everyone, here’s Kala’s newest column. It has been a stressful year for her, but she’s still made a lot of progress. What stuck out to me was where she talks about her desire to help her family, but not being physically able to. This happens to me often. Not only am I unable to help, but sometimes I’m actually in the way, which is way more frustrating. Can you relate? What takeaways do you have from this column?

Looking for the Good When I’m Feeling Run-down

Rachel Markley 
      Participant

I’m really struggling lately with everything in this blog. I’m over not being able to help and not having enough energy for fun. The fatigue has improved since Spinraza but it’s still hard working full-time and having 11 hour days.

Ryan Berhar 
        Keymaster

That’s definitely tough. What do you do, out of curiosity?

Halsey Blocher 
      Participant

I can relate to wanting to help my family, especially in stressful situations. I try my best, but sometimes I want nothing more than to be able to give people a great big hug when they’re having a bad day. It sounds like also had some really awesome things happening too though! I’m usually an optimist so I tend to try to focus on the positives as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Videos

• ©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.