SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Columnist Writes About Post-traumatic Growth

• Columnist Writes About Post-traumatic Growth

Posted by brianna-albers on May 12, 2020 at 11:00 am

Hey everyone!

The last column in my series on coronavirus anxiety went up yesterday. I wanted to zero in on practical ways to maintain personal growth during this time, especially since the first two columns had a broader, more theoretical focus. I hope this series helped you! I enjoyed writing them, especially in the wake of graduation — it helped me feel like I was putting my M.A. to good use. 🙂

I’m thinking of writing more mental health columns in the future. Is there anything in particular you’d like me to write about? Let me know!

brianna-albers replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

May 12, 2020 at 8:16 pm

Ok this is kind of crazy. I was listening to a podcast this morning and heard the term PTG for the first time and thought, “wow I love that!” Then I saw this and was like “ok Universe. I hear you” haha.

This was a great column and series, Brianna. And, thank you so much for enlightening me a little more on what PTG is! I will definitely take those action steps to heart.

• brianna-albers

May 14, 2020 at 1:42 pm

Thanks, Alyssa! I’m so glad you found it helpful ????