This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by Halsey Blocher.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

The Kindness of Strangers in Unexpected Places

Vacations can pose many challenges for those of us with SMA. Despite encountering some barriers, in Halsey’s most recent column she shares how the kindness of others meant the world. We just had a similar encounter where my cousin helped lift my chair over a threshold to get into their house. As Halsey mentioned, I don’t think they realize the weight of these chairs. But it is nice that they’re willing to help.

On the flip side she also brings up how inconsiderate some individuals can be. I try to avoid crowds for just that reason. Sometimes it’s inevitable. More often than not the good outweighs the bad.

What challenges have you faced while on vacation? Do you find people are willing to help out if need be?

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

I wish I could fully convey how inconsiderate the people in the aquarium were! It was unbelievable and exhausting! But it was great to see that even when these things happen, there are still people in the world who care about others!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

The sad part is they probably don’t even realize how inconsiderate they were. Then it bothers us and they’re none the wiser.

Halsey Blocher
          Participant

With many of them it actually seemed very deliberate. There were quite a few people who actually shoved their kid’s stroller in front of me to block me. It was unreal.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.