SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Spinraza (nusinersen) Coming to Terms With My Spinraza Setbacks

Tagged: , ,

• deann-r

July 27, 2018 at 9:21 am

Everyone is going to have their threshold of how much they’re willing to go through to access treatment.  As I’ve said before it’s completely a personal decision.  Thanks for sharing your emotional roller-coaster with your journey.  I think it’s a good thing to share all the ups and downs.  Again best of luck with wherever the journey leads you!

• michael-morale

July 27, 2018 at 9:36 am

This was an excellent article Ryan. My insurance company was the biggest stumbling block that I had to get past. If you are still encountering difficulties, you might want to speak to your Family Access Manager, and ask them about the possibility of being placed on their free drug program.

• kevin-schaefer

July 27, 2018 at 10:16 am

Thanks for sharing Ryan. Insurance was definitely an obstacle for me as well, but I also had to deal with a lot of personal doubts and anxieties about the whole process. I was very anxious about the procedures and the time commitment, but ultimately I’m glad I went through with it. Like DeAnn said though, it’s absolutely a personal decision. Whatever you decide, we support you.

• michael-morale

July 27, 2018 at 11:33 am

There are probably more people than you think Ryan that are struggling with the same issues you are. Like Kevin said, we support you.

• ryan-berhar-2

July 27, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. I too dealt with insurance denials, but in the grand scheme of things, it was minor compared to the other issues I’ve faced and continue to face. After three denials, Biogen just gave me the drug. So I’ve had access to it for months and months now, but administering it just hasn’t been possible

• michael-morale

July 27, 2018 at 7:01 pm

Keep a smile on your face buddy.

• michael-morale

July 27, 2018 at 7:09 pm

Where is the nearest injection site Ryan?

• ryan-berhar-2

July 27, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Well like I said in my column, there is a chance I can get the injections right here in my city. Just waiting to hear back.

• michael-morale

July 27, 2018 at 7:19 pm

My prayers are with you. I know it’ll work out for you.

• ryan-berhar-2

July 27, 2018 at 7:22 pm

Thanks brother

• michael-morale

July 27, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Make sure you keep us posted and if you need anything, let us know.