Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Did you make it to the Cure SMA conference this year? Travel isn’t my forte, but Kevin is a more adventurous soul. He and his parents made the trek cross country to attend. It sounds like his trip started out a bit rocky. In true SMA fashion though he made it work. You can read about his adventure here.
      If you attended, I’d love to hear about it. I always feel like I’m missing out.

Robin C
      Participant

Hi DeAnn, no I didn’t attend the conference. In fact I’ve never attended on in-person. I’ve attended virtually, though, during the pandemic and LOVED getting to meet fellow SMAers.
      In a perfect, I would have traveled to a conference while I was younger, more adventurous, and more ambulatory, but that didn’t happen. Too bad you and I don’t live closer (like in the same city) to the conference locations.

Bottom line, I totally understand how you feel.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

I was oblivious they even had conferences until about 5 years ago. I must have been living under a rock.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I definitely felt as though I was missing out too. I haven’t been to a conference in over 20 years. In 2014, I went to Washington DC with everyone to lobby on Capitol Hill but I didn’t attend the actual SMA conference that was being held there the same week. It was so much fun meeting and connecting with everyone though! Curious to hear how Kevin’s experience was.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Stay tuned! I did an interview with Kevin that should be out later this month.

Micaela MacDougall
      Participant

I had never been to the annual conference until they held it virtually.  I understand the benefits of being in person, but it would have been nice if they had included a virtual option for those of us who couldn’t make it.

Robin C
        Participant

Micaela, you took the words right out of my mouth!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

I agree. A virtual component would have been nice.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot