• robin-c

June 27, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Hi DeAnn, no I didn’t attend the conference. In fact I’ve never attended on in-person. I’ve attended virtually, though, during the pandemic and LOVED getting to meet fellow SMAers.
    In a perfect, I would have traveled to a conference while I was younger, more adventurous, and more ambulatory, but that didn’t happen. Too bad you and I don’t live closer (like in the same city) to the conference locations.

Bottom line, I totally understand how you feel.

• deann-r

July 1, 2022 at 8:53 am

I was oblivious they even had conferences until about 5 years ago. I must have been living under a rock.

• alyssa-silva

June 28, 2022 at 9:56 am

I definitely felt as though I was missing out too. I haven’t been to a conference in over 20 years. In 2014, I went to Washington DC with everyone to lobby on Capitol Hill but I didn’t attend the actual SMA conference that was being held there the same week. It was so much fun meeting and connecting with everyone though! Curious to hear how Kevin’s experience was.

• deann-r

July 1, 2022 at 8:50 am

Stay tuned! I did an interview with Kevin that should be out later this month.

• micaela-macdougall

June 28, 2022 at 12:33 pm

I had never been to the annual conference until they held it virtually.  I understand the benefits of being in person, but it would have been nice if they had included a virtual option for those of us who couldn’t make it.

• robin-c

June 30, 2022 at 8:28 am

Micaela, you took the words right out of my mouth!

• deann-r

July 1, 2022 at 8:48 am

I agree. A virtual component would have been nice.