This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Alyssa Silva.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Like Brianna I’m in the new wheelchair process as well.  Although I’m dreading the adjustment period, I’m hopeful it will be more supportive and comfortable with the added features.  Yesterday I had my backrest mold made from the comfort of my own home!  Wish I would’ve gotten it on video, but of course I didn’t.  Anyway, they took off my backrest and put what I equate to a beanbag behind me.  Once it was conformed to my back a pump sucked out all the air to make it hard.  After a couple tries we got it just right.  Then it was scanned by an app and will be turned into a backrest specific to my wonky body.  How cool is that!  Have you done anything like that for your chairs?

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Yes, I’ve gone through that exact process as well! Call me spoiled, but I will never get anything but a custom-molded seat from now on. In fact, I got a new wheelchair in December and BEGGED my PT to let me bring my old custom seat to my new chair. It fits like a glove, and I didn’t feel the need to make any changes. I love it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.