SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA 2022 Day 11 of #31DaysofSMA: Being a Front-row Mom Is My Greatest Joy

• Day 11 of #31DaysofSMA: Being a Front-row Mom Is My Greatest Joy

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on August 12, 2022 at 6:20 pm

Kristen Resendez is the mother to her son Jack. He is 7 years old, and they live in South Texas.

At the SMA Conference this year, the president walked up to Kristen and said that everything she puts on social media helps many families and is important. Kristen wants to encourage parents to pull themselves out of grief a little faster so they can eventually see what she sees: a happy and unique life. Her son Jack has traveled, ridden scary roller coasters, made amazing friends, and had so many experiences.

“I know that one day he will either be the curator at a National Video Game Museum or winning a Grammy for his hit on a movie soundtrack. Whatever it is, I’ll be his front-row mom. “

Kristen, we are so happy to feature you both!

Now back to our SMA community, do you follow anyone like Kristen on social media? Do you post about life with SMA?

Click here to read the rest of Kristen and Jack’s story and learn more about their life.

SMA News Today’s 31 Days of SMA campaign will publish one story per day for SMA Awareness Month in August. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofSMA, or read the full series.

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

August 17, 2022 at 2:44 pm

Kristen and I actually follow each other on social media! I’ve met and connected with so many people that way. I definitely share a lot about life with SMA just because it’s a big part of who I am. Years ago, before social media really blew up, there weren’t many everyday stories online about life with SMA. It was medical facts and prognoses. So I decided to start a blog and share my experiences, and that’s how my writing career unofficially began.