SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Dose of DeAnn Episode 15: The Great Straw Debate

• Dose of DeAnn Episode 15: The Great Straw Debate

Posted by deann-r on August 15, 2018 at 9:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOkwnloRIXg

In this episode of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse Into My Life with SMA, I share my thoughts about the recent controversy regarding people’s use of plastic straws. If you haven’t heard, numerous companies like Starbucks and even Disney are placing bans on plastic straws as a means of environmental conservation.

Obviously this is a problem for many people with disabilities, and it’s even more frustrating that disability communities weren’t even approached by these companies when they put this ban in effect. While I’m willing to talk about alternative solutions, just doing away with plastic straws is frustrating for many of us who have SMA and other disabilities.

Join me as I talk about this issue and propose some alternate solutions of my own. Be sure to subscribe and check out the SMA News Today YouTube channel, where you can find all episodes of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse into my Life with SMA. You can also connect with me directly, right here on the forums page. 

What do you think about this topic? Do you have any suggestions that would benefit disability communities and the environment? Join the discussion.

deann-r replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply