SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Dose of DeAnn Episode 6: Hobbies

• Dose of DeAnn Episode 6: Hobbies

Posted by sma-news-today-moderator on July 11, 2018 at 6:15 am

In the latest episode of Dose of DeAnn: A glimpse into my life with SMA, DeAnn Runge talks about her hobbies and how they help her in her everyday life. Some of her main hobbies are sewing and photography, and in this video she provides examples of things she’s crafted and photos she’s taken.

After showing some of her photos, the main segment in this video is of DeAnn sewing a wall-hanging. While she used to be able to do bed-sized quilts, that eventually became too difficult. Doing smaller wall-hangings is much more feasible for her, and she also uses a specialized sewing machine with a start button that’s easy for her to use.

She also encourages other SMA individuals to focus on what they can do, and to find hobbies that are both relaxing and productive.

Check out the SMA News Today YouTube channel, where you can find all episodes of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse into my Life with SMA. You can also connect with DeAnn directly, right here on the forums page.

Do you also have some hobbies of your own? Share them with us here!

adnan-hafizovic replied 5 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • adnan-hafizovic

July 13, 2018 at 5:33 am

DeAnn you have really good hobby and you do it pretty well.You show to us that our hobbies don t need to be just watch movies and read books.

• deann-r

July 13, 2018 at 8:43 am

Thanks Adnan!  Books and movies can be great, but sometimes you just want to do something.  It might seem impossible, but sometimes if you go about it in an unconventional way you can do it.  What are some of your hobbies?

• adnan-hafizovic

July 13, 2018 at 12:22 pm

of course reading books,comics,and watch tv series and movies.Beside that I translate english books on bosnian language,and doing that I practice my english and my fingers.Did you ever try to make table-cloth from yarn?You just need bigger needle,and of course someone to learn you.