• Drug interaction

Posted by tammy on September 17, 2021 at 7:26 pm

Does anyone here take pain medication sporadically for discomfort? I just tried to call the hotline but they were closed. I think I twisted my back yesterday and I was going to take an oxycodone which my doctor gives me just in case for a once in awhile injury or discomfort. Does anyone know if we can take that with Evrysdi? I tried looking it up online but couldn’t find anything about taking the two together. I hardly ever take pain meds or even Tylenol, but I always keep them on hand for an emergency

tammy replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • derek-markulin

September 17, 2021 at 7:51 pm

I took hydrocodone sporadically for my back while taking Evrysdi with no side effects. I believe I called Accredo and it was not listed under their adverse drug interactions so it was ok to take. But in saying this I know we all react differently to medications so I can only say it didn’t cause any issues for me.

Hope your back gets better.

• tammy

September 17, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Okay thanks! Yeah I can’t remember whether or not I asked them about that or not. But I will wait until tomorrow when they reopen to call and ask. Just to be safe. I don’t really have a fear of having any interaction, my fear is more of like something I take that may render the Evrysdi and effective. It’s not really bothering me that much it’s more just with certain movements so I will manage LOL

• michael-shane-hollen

September 22, 2021 at 10:11 am

Tammy,

I have been on Evrysdi since end of April and take Hydrocodone and Tramadol every night. Their pharmacist stated that there would be no interaction and I have not had any issues to date

Shane

• tammy

September 26, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Thanks!