• Evrysdi Shipment Leaked

Posted by deann-r on April 5, 2022 at 8:00 am

I’ve been on Evrysdi for over a year now.  This is the first time I’ve had an issue with the shipment.  When only one pharmacy in the US distributes the medication it requires shipping.  With a medication this expensive you’d think packaging would be down to a science.  Guess not.  I’ve heard of bottles leaking, but never experienced it.  When my PCA opened the Styrofoam cooler right away we noticed the soggy box.  About 1/3 of the bottle leaked out.  Luckily everything is wrapped in plastic, so only affected one bottle.  Bonus, it’s a nice fruity scent.

Immediately I called the pharmacy.  Obviously from their reaction this is a common occurrence.  Apparently the issue has to do with the bottle topper.  Although it’s needed to draw up the medicine it can cause the bottles to leak during shipping.  Here’s a thought, include the toppers separately.  Anyway,  they sent a new bottle (with two days less medication because apparently it’s still fine to use as long as you’ve washed the bottle off.)  Then Genentech filed a case report and sent a box to ship back the faulty bottle.  They also want pictures.  Kind of a hassle, but whatever.  Side note, if it makes contact with the skin, they also file an incident report for that.

All is well, but I really hope this doesn’t become a reoccurring thing.  Has anyone else had issues?

amy-olmscheid replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • amy-olmscheid

April 5, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I have been getting Evrysdi shipments for over a year and haven’t had it happen but will be on the lookout for it. Thanks for the post!