SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Column: Finding Serenity in the Eye of the Storm

• Column: Finding Serenity in the Eye of the Storm

Posted by brianna-albers on June 25, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hi everyone! I’m writing this in the back of our van somewhere in the flatlands of Wyoming. My parents and I are on our way to the Cure SMA conference in Anaheim, CA, which I mention briefly in this week’s column. The past month or so has been ridiculously busy, and now that we’re on the road, things feel that much more frazzled. We’re essentially hotel-hopping, though in a few days we’ll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel — which I am very, very excited about.

That being said, there’s serenity to be found in the eye of the storm. It’s different at home when my parents and I are running around like chickens with their heads chopped up. Here, surrounded by stubby grass and the occasional whitecap, we have no choice but to rely on each other. Over the years I’ve found that the sillier things get, the calmer we become. Like my mom was saying the other day, “Sometimes you just have to laugh maniacally.”

Have you experienced this in your own life?

brianna-albers replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.