• kevin-schaefer

February 15, 2018 at 10:50 am

Thanks for posting Ryan! Yes this is a topic I’m sure all of us can relate to.

My personal favorite is when strangers assume that my service dog is a seeing eye-dog. It’s like “yeah, I’m blind and in a power wheelchair.” It’s hilarious.

Keep the discussion going!

• deann-r

April 4, 2018 at 9:37 am

Oh yes, I think everyone has a couple stories that stick with them.  Mine takes place in a grocery store where I was shopping with my mom.  All of a sudden this lady rams into me with her cart and says, “Watch where you’re going!”  At first I was startled, but when I looked up at this person I realized it was a family friend just joking around.  It’s actually refreshing when people feel comfortable enough to joke around, but boy did she get glares from other shoppers.  Every time I see her she says she won’t do that again.

What does annoy me is when someone stops in front of me causing me to bump into them or trips over me and then give me that look like it’s my fault.  Being Minnesota nice I usually say sorry, but mumble something about them suddenly stopping under my breath.