SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Going Out of my Box with a Subscription Box

• Going Out of my Box with a Subscription Box

Posted by deann-r on January 24, 2020 at 11:00 am

It’s difficult not to go a little stir crazy this time of year.  To spice things up a I’ve been dabbling with various subscription boxes.  It’s kind of fun to look forward to a surprise in the mail.  My first experience was a few years back when my service dog got a Bark Box subscription for Christmas.  Every box has a different theme with a combination of toys & treats.  We had a lot of fun with that one.  Recently I ordered a Hello Fresh subscription for my Mom.  Still awaiting it’s arrival.  For myself I tried a tea subscription box from Sips by.  Since I like hot beverages I thought this might add a little variety.  I’m not a big tea drinker, but figured I’d go out of my box & try it.  My first one arrived the other day.  Unfortunately I don’t think tea is my thing, so won’t continue the subscription, but it was fun to try.  Whatever you’re interested in there’s probably a box for it.  There are even ones for comic collectors Kevin!  We’ll see what I try next.  Do you do subscription boxes?  Do you have a favorite?  One thing I do recommend if you’re considering a subscription is to try to find a coupon code first.  It can save you a little money.

halsey-blocher replied 4 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

January 24, 2020 at 2:16 pm

I didn’t know a tea subscription existed! My friend is an avid tea lover, so I’ll have to keep this in mind for his birthday. 🙂

I’ve always wanted to try a subscription box but am also always trying to declutter my life. So I’m not sure getting more stuff every month is the best solution for me haha. Hello Fresh sounds convenient and enticing though!

• halsey-blocher

January 26, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I love subscription boxes! I get a monthly book box called Shelflove Crate. Every month has a theme and you get a book and a few items that match that theme. I will say that most of the items are geared more towards women, but I believe they have a cheaper version of the subscription that only has the books. I have really loved it. The books are all sci-fi or fantasy which are my favorites. I’ve also considered trying one called Universal Yums. They send you a box of snacks from a different country each month.