• Sponsored Post

Adapting to Life Outside Our Home With SMA

I once heard a joke that a woman’s mind is like an Internet browser that has 1000 tabs open and running at once. I laughed at the time, but came to realize that if I didn’t actually feel like this before hearing the short acronym “SMA,” I most certainly do now.

I spend much of my time pre-planning and thinking of possible problems that we may run into because of the kids’ diagnoses. I think many other SMA parents do this as well. Prior to our lives with SMA, we didn’t realize just how inaccessible the world is to those who are differently-abled.

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Halsey Blocher.

• Author
        DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Check out the latest episode of Dose of DeAnn here. I don’t know about you all, but my family loves to do game nights around the holidays. They’re tons of fun, but they can be challenging for me to participate in. I can’t do things like hold up a stack of cards, or move pieces across a board easily.

Fortunately, when there’s a will, there’s a way. In this video, I talk about some creative solutions I’ve come up with to deal with these obstacles. With some simple tools, things like holding cards, rolling dice, and even putting puzzle pieces together can be accomplished. Enjoy!

Do you have any tips of your own? Are there any other activities you do during the holidays?

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

I’m not big into games, so I’ll gladly sit on the sidelines and cheer others on. I’m a great hype girl haha. But when I’m forced into something I’ll usually buddy up with someone because of how limited my physical abilities are.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Nothing wrong with being the cheerleader!  The buddy system works great too.  There’s usually always someone looking for a partner.

Halsey Blocher
        Participant

Partnering is definitely a great idea! I love partnering with kids. Their eager to help me with the things that I can’t physically can’t do, and they (depending on age) often need help with strategy and understanding the game. It makes for good teamwork.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.