SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue Episode 1: Cytokinetic’s Scheduled Announcement Regarding Their Phase 2 Drug Reldesemtiv

• The Morale Monologue Episode 1: Cytokinetic’s Scheduled Announcement Regarding Their Phase 2 Drug Reldesemtiv

Posted by michael-morale on June 1, 2018 at 10:13 am

https://youtu.be/KLOP5vPPLd0

In the first episode of my new video series “The Morale Monologue”, I discuss Cytokinetic Pharmaceutical’s upcoming announcement of their Phase 2 clinical trial using their drug Reldesemtiv. (Previously known as CK-2127107) Cytokinetics is planning on making this announcement during the 2018 Cure SMA Annual Conference, scheduled to be held at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas Texas from June 14 – June 17.

During Cytokinetic’s Phase 2 clinical trial, their primary objective was to see if treatment could improve patients’ muscular function and respiratory capacity, and ease fatigue. Secondary goals included measures of the treatment’s safety, tolerability, and pharmacodynamics, or how the therapy was absorbed, distributed and metabolized, and then expelled.

I not only review the article, I also provide my perspective and opinions regarding what I believe to be Cytokinetic’s next move regarding the future of this drug, and how this future decision will impact those of us with SMA.

Be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel so that you don’t miss an episode of this vlog, and you can also connect with me right here on the forums page.

deann-r replied 5 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

June 1, 2018 at 1:58 pm

I’m excited to hear the specific announcement at the conference this year. Spinraza has yielded some great results, but it’s exciting to see other drugs in the pipeline as well. AveXis is really making advancements as well.

Looking forward to the conference!

• michael-morale

June 1, 2018 at 3:21 pm

I hope everyone likes my first video.  Thanks to Marta and Kevin Schaefer for their input and assistance.

• deann-r

June 2, 2018 at 11:25 am

That’s great Michael! It sure will be interesting to follow. Thanks for keeping us up to date and giving us your point of view.

• michael-morale

June 2, 2018 at 11:41 am

Thanks DeAnn.

• adnan-hafizovic

June 6, 2018 at 6:35 am

Good video Michael,I feel Cytokinetic will be more effective then Spinraza and less cheaper.

• deann-r

June 13, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Fingers crossed!