SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Multi-Activity Apps

• Multi-Activity Apps

Posted by kevin-schaefer on October 11, 2018 at 7:00 am

These days, it’s a lot harder for me to move my hands on my iPad screen and use the keypad. There’s voice-activated technology and such, but in general it’s just easier for me to type on my phone.

[caption id="attachment_14549" align="alignright" width="414"] Me using the new DC Comics streaming service on my iPad[/caption]

That said, it’s really nice when I can find an app that serves multiple purposes and can entertain me for a while. I just purchased the DC Universe app (super-nerdy, I know), and it’s great. I can use it to stream shows and movies, read digital comics and view news and encyclopedic content related to DC entertainment. Once my Dad helped me get set up with it last night, I was able to spend several hours on it and it kept me entertained.

Instead of having to switch back and forth between reading and watching something, I now have a significant portion of my entertainment in one place.

The app is also user-friendly, with a solid interface.

Do any of you have something similar? By this I mean do you use any kind of inclusive app that serves multiple purposes?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.