SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Navigating Tissue Boxes With The JACO Robotic Arm

• Navigating Tissue Boxes With The JACO Robotic Arm

Posted by deann-r on October 29, 2021 at 10:29 am

https://youtu.be/ybqtSaB6fyg

Hey everyone! I’m excited to share a new concept with you! I’m referring to them as “JACO Shorts”. Basically I’m calling them this for two reasons: one, because I’ll be giving you shortcuts that I’ve discovered helpful while using the JACO Robotic Arm; two, because I’m going to keep them brief.

I hope you enjoy the video!

If you have a tip you’d like me to share please comment below. Or, is ther anything you want to see? Just let me know and maybe we can make it happen.

Thanks for watching!

deann-r replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • lupa-f

October 29, 2021 at 12:12 pm

I’m not familiar with all the angles the arm can move at, but for the 2nd box could you instead come at it more from the front rather than the top and use one of the fingers to drag the top tissue out the front and then catch it with the other fingers? Not sure if I can describe what I’m picturing that well, but the top finger that’s getting the tissue would be horizontal and the other two would be below that down near where the rest of the tissues are but with the wrist at like a 45 degree angle so the bottom fingers aren’t pushing into the box.

That’s probably more complicated when the solution is obviously just get the other types of boxes :).

• deann-r

October 29, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Totally get what you’re saying. Actually I tried that too but the fingers are kind of thick, so I still ended up with a stack of tissues. It does have the maneuverability to go at it from that angle though.

• lupa-f

October 29, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Ah okay.

A somewhat related video I’d be curious to see is if you can tear a couple of sheets of toilet paper off the roll without yanking half the roll off. Like if you were out somewhere and needed a tissue, but that was your only option. I’ve pulled about 20 sheets out too many times at public bathrooms when the toilet paper is in a funny spot that I can’t reach easily. I’m guessing that might be too hard to do though since you wouldn’t be able to hold the roll in place, but might be fun to figure out if you can do it.

• deann-r

October 31, 2021 at 7:30 pm

Hmmm…I’ll have to think about that one.