SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Permobil M3 Brake Error

• Permobil M3 Brake Error

Posted by Jim on July 14, 2023 at 7:16 am

My wife’s power chair often stalls out on slight inclines or going over bumps. It throws a “Brake Error 1506” message. We have to reboot to get her going again. I have checked all the connections. Anyone have this issue before?

alyssa-silva replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • deann-r

July 14, 2023 at 9:35 am

That doesn’t sound like fun. Have you contacted the DME supplier? They might have ideas for you. If you’ve checked the connections possibly a faulty sensor 🤷‍♀️

• deann-r

July 14, 2023 at 9:49 am

I found this in the online user manual Here’s the link https://www.manualslib.com/manual/829426/Permobil-M300.html?page=79#manual

Brake Error

This occurs when the control system detects a problem in the solenoid brakes or the connections to
    them.
    1505 –
    M1 Brake Error
    1506 –
    M2 Brake Error

Check the solenoid brakes, their cables and the connections to the control system.
    If the error persists after the checks listed above, the power module may be defective. Read more in
    section 5.

• alyssa-silva

July 14, 2023 at 2:49 pm

Hi Jim. Does your wife’s chair have a safety pin underneath to lock her into the car? I have the EZ lock system in my van, and whenever I hit a bump with the pin my chair shuts off. It’s some safety mechanism that’s really inconvenient because the chair won’t power on afterward.

• Jim

July 15, 2023 at 4:59 am

Thank you both DeanR and Alyssa.

Fortunately, we acquired another free Permobil chair from a local organization called CapeCodHelp!

Now, I have time to fix the old one and will post if and when I find the solution.

• Jim

July 26, 2023 at 7:17 am

The issue might be the little microswitch at the right brake module.

• Jim

September 12, 2023 at 11:47 am

After swapping out the microswitch, we still have the “brake error” problem. Not sure what to do next except maybe swappping out the entire brake solenoid.

• deann-r

September 14, 2023 at 9:18 am

Shoot! Don’t know what to tell ya. Let us know if you figure it out. I’m getting a bad cable error code but everything is still working so…

• alyssa-silva

September 15, 2023 at 11:13 am

Hmmm I’m not totally sure why this is happening either. Is the error happening as soon as the chair has turned on? Or does it happen at a certain time? Have you noticed any patterns with it?