SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Spinraza (nusinersen) Spinraza in Conjunction with PT/OT

• Spinraza in Conjunction with PT/OT

Posted by deann-r on March 29, 2018 at 9:48 am

Personally I was never a fan of physical therapy.  It didn’t make sense to me why I should do all of these silly exercises when my muscles would just get weaker anyway.  Besides I kept busy, so figured that was enough.  Since starting Spinraza I’ve changed my tune.  Maybe there’s a possibility for improvement.  During the winter months I can’t get out and about easily, so now that spring is here I thought why not give it a go.  Because I wanted to focus on upper body and arms I chose to try occupational therapy, and found one specializing in upper extremities.  One session in I’ve learned a few new exercises and stretches to work those puny muscles.  Of course I had to educate the therapist on my disability and what Spinraza does, but all in all I think he understood and will make an effort to come up with a good plan of action.   What type of regimen do you guys do?  Have you been doing therapy all along, or were you like me and let therapy go by the wayside?

deann-r replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.