SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Thank You Google Translate

• Thank You Google Translate

Posted by survivinglife on September 27, 2019 at 6:50 pm

Okay I was not expecting this to work. I’ve been trying to get Alexa to play When You Love A Woman by Journey but I couldn’t cuz I have a very bad speech problem so instead I pulled up Google translate and typed in “play When You Love A Woman by Journey” and turned my volume all the way up on my tablet and then I said “Alexa..” and then clicked on the little microphone and so the voice said “play When You Love A Woman by Journey” real loud and now Alexa is actually playing the song. 😂😂😂 Also now I know how to say “play When You Love A Woman by Journey” in German. Lol. Wenn du eine Frau auf Reisen liebst. Pronounced like “ven Doo nine(without the first n)uh frow owf rise-n leeb-st.

Anyway so that reminded me of Kevin’s blog post about finding ways to do “simple” everyday tasks like turning pages in books. It was yet another great post from him that was very relatable and I knew I related to it the first time I read it but I didn’t realize how funny those situations can be. Lol.

What about y’all? Any more funny situations only us go through?

rocco replied 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • halsey-blocher

September 27, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Crystal, that’s genius! I would have never thought of that!

• survivinglife

September 27, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Thank you! I can’t believe I thought of it myself. I’m not usually the brightest crayon in the box. Lol.

• deann-r

September 28, 2019 at 12:59 pm

Fantastic! Don’t you just love it when you come up with something like that and it works. Hey, you might learn a second language along the way. Guten Tag!

• survivinglife

September 28, 2019 at 1:15 pm

OMG do you know German?! I’ve been working on learning it for a while now. I’m in love with the language and the culture. I mean, I am part German – a very tiny part. Lol. But still, I love all things German.

I’m also in love with Romanian but I’m having a hard time with it. 😔

• deann-r

September 30, 2019 at 10:23 am

I only took German in high school. Forgot most of it. What stuck with me most is a phrase our chemistry teacher taught us when he was subbing one day, ha ha. Let’s just say it won’t come in handy.

• survivinglife

September 30, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Lol. Learning a language in school sounds so much easier than trying to find everything on your own.

• rocco

December 11, 2020 at 9:19 am

I love it and the technology is getting better and better, to the point that I don’t want it to improve further because then I will not have an excuse to spend so many hours learning languages:) When I need something serious to be translated, I just use the help of these services – https://thewordpoint.com/services/transcription-services  . But for everyday usage, Google translate is quite good. I often use Google Translate when I receive messages from a client in a language I don’t master: I have a German client who keeps forgetting that my German is extremely limited.