SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Evrysdi (risdiplam) Thoughts About risdiplam/Starting a New Treatment

• Thoughts About risdiplam/Starting a New Treatment

Posted by kevin-schaefer on May 28, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week so far.

Check out my latest column here. I wrote about my thoughts regarding risdiplam, and whether or not I would switch treatments. Personally, I’m not in any rush, but I’m excited for the number of options we’ll soon have. My plan is to wait and see how other adults who are on Spinraza respond, and just go from there. I’m fortunate that I haven’t had any negative experiences with Spinraza, and I don’t have to switch to another treatment right away.

What are your thoughts regarding risdiplam and other potential SMA therapies? Are you eager to start this treatment once it becomes available?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

May 28, 2020 at 10:17 am

Like you, I’m going to wait it out and see how others do before making the switch myself. I, too, have been fortunate to not have any detrimental effects from Spinraza/lumbar punctures. I honestly think I’m more excited for SRK-015 than Risdiplam. Personally, I think it holds more promise for my individual needs but I could be wrong! I guess we’ll see what happens. Either way, I am stoked that the SMA community is going to have more treatment options available to them. WHAT A TIME. Great column, Kevin.