SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Track lift update

• Track lift update

Posted by deann-r on February 7, 2019 at 9:37 am

Probably for almost the past year I’ve been working on getting a track lift installed in my bedroom. Finally it’s come to fruition. On Tuesday the track and lift portion was installed. Unfortunately I can’t try it out yet because the slings I want to try are back ordered. For those of you unfamiliar with this type of lift it runs from the ceiling so there’s no maneuvering a “hoyer” style lift. My hope is that it will be easier to use in my small space. I’m planning to show you how it works in an upcoming vlog. Finding slings has always been difficult for me, so that makes me nervous. Do you have a favorite style sling? Have you tried a ceiling lift before?

deann-r replied 5 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

February 7, 2019 at 1:30 pm

That’s great that you finally have the lift! I think you’ll really like it. It’s amazing how much space it saves, in comparison with traditional lifts.

I’ll have to look at the exact model of slings we have, but they’re really compatible with the lift.

• ryan-berhar

February 7, 2019 at 11:11 pm

That’s awesome. Still working on getting mine.

• halsey-blocher

February 11, 2019 at 9:59 am

http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/homecare/hoyer/slings/hoyer-padded-u-sling-with-head-support

Not sure which lift system you have, but this is the sling I use with my hoyer. It is usually compatible with ceiling lifts.

• deann-r

February 12, 2019 at 9:51 am

Thanks for the suggestion.  I’ll see if the ones they send will work first.  It’s probably the most nerve-wracking part of the whole process. I’m not a huge fan of U-shaped slings, but I might just have to suck it up and get used to them.

• halsey-blocher

February 14, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Hopefully the one it comes with will be perfect!

• deann-r

February 16, 2019 at 11:11 am

Fingers crossed!

• adnan-hafizovic

February 12, 2019 at 10:47 am

I do not have an original sling. I found some measures of sling on the internet and on the basis of these measures one tailor made it and I’m really overwhelmed with him. Specifically, the sling goes to my head so that I can lean my head on it.

• deann-r

February 15, 2019 at 1:11 pm

My Mom has made slings for me in the past, but she really doesn’t like to do it.