SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Using the Vest Airway Clearance System

• Using the Vest Airway Clearance System

Posted by kevin-schaefer on June 4, 2018 at 3:37 pm

I’ve written previously about the Vest Airway Clearance System, and how it’s helped me in recent years combat respiratory issues. In conjunction with the Cough Assist machine, this device can do wonders for people with SMA.

This weekend I actually met a young woman with Cystic Fibrosis while I was at a friend’s wedding. One of the things we had in common is that both of us use the Vest. This device was actually originally developed for Cystic Fibrosis patients, so it was a cool connection. It’s always fun meeting someone with a medical condition/perspective and not at a medical event lol.

My question for those of you who use the vest is what you like to do while you’re doing a session. For instance I listen to music and podcasts on my Echo Show or watch tv. That woman and I both agreed that vest sessions, while time-consuming, are actually pretty relaxing.

What about you all? Are there any favorite activities you do to pass the time on the vest?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.