SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Video #154 – My Second Maintenance Dose Injection PROVERBIAL BRICK WALL

• Video #154 – My Second Maintenance Dose Injection PROVERBIAL BRICK WALL

Posted by michael-morale on July 15, 2018 at 9:54 am

In this week’s video on my personal YouTube channel (smajourney51) , I’m giving everyone an update with regards to my second maintenance dose of Spinraza. On Monday, July 9, 2018, I went back to UT Southwestern Medical Center to receive my injection. I detail everything that happened to me during the procedure, and I also detail what happened when I hit the proverbial brick wall the evening after my injection. I give my suggestions as to what to do, if you find yourself in the same situation that I was in. While this was one of my most successful maintenance dose injections, I learned a valuable lesson on what to do when you hit a stumbling block regarding one of the side effects of the treatment. Click HERE to view my video.

michael-morale replied 5 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

July 15, 2018 at 8:12 pm

I’ll be going in for #6 tomorrow!  A couple times a fellow with the doctors guidance did my injection too.  It always makes me nervous, but they’ve gotta learn sometime and both times went smoothly.  Hoping to avoid the dreaded headache, so fingers crossed.  How long did yours last?

• michael-morale

July 16, 2018 at 7:16 am

You’re going to GREAT DeAnn. My second maintenance dose only took 15 minutes. It was my fastest and smoothest injection so far.

• mike-huddleston

July 16, 2018 at 6:02 pm

Nice video Michael!  I posted a reply under my youtube username (not sure where that came from, but apparently it’s several years old!!), ekim21144.  🙂

• michael-morale

July 16, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Thanks Mike. I posted my response to your comment on my YouTube site. Be sure to subscribe to my channel. I post my videos every Sunday.