SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA What is everyone reading/watching/listening to?

• What is everyone reading/watching/listening to?

Posted by alyssa-silva on January 13, 2021 at 11:00 am

January is soul-sucking for me (pandemic or not). I’m not sure what it is, but every year around this time, the winter blues HIT, and I need a much overdue pick-me-up. What is everyone reading, watching, and/or listening to these days?

Right now, I’m watching Schitt’s Creek (thanks Kevin!) and am reading Dynasty, a biography on Robert Kraft. It is so interesting.

But I would love to start a thread of your suggestions so we all have ideas of ways to stay busy this month and the road ahead. I know I could use some shows and books for the long haul. There’s a looong winter ahead of me.

ari-anderson replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ari-anderson

January 13, 2021 at 2:16 pm

Hi Alyssa,

The Crown on Netflix is pretty good, although the 4th season is kind of depressing. The first two seasons of the show are very well done though. The third season is alright.

I’ve heard a lot of people say that The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix is excellent. I haven’t watched it yet, but probably plan to start this weekend.

Sorry for the January Blues! I experience it every year as well.

• alyssa-silva

January 14, 2021 at 11:04 am

I’ve heard good things about these shows as well! And Bridgerton. I don’t know if I spelled that correctly haha, but I’ve read a lot of buzz about that show, too.

• ari-anderson

January 14, 2021 at 1:38 pm

Also, if you’re into Sci Fi, Alien Worlds is a really interesting 4-part documentary on Netflix. It’s new.