This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Patrick Lenihan.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Next Wednesday is my wheelchair evaluation between the dme company and occupational therapist. Not only will they take measurements, we’ll be discussing my needs and wants. Although I know everyone is different, what are some important things to consider?

F. Tracy Farmer
      Participant

Don’t let them talk you into things you don’t think you’ll need or out of things you really want. Comfort is a major factor for me. However, I always put a USB charger and Bluetooth capabilities on all my wheelchairs now. This allows me to control things like my phone and computer via my joystick.

Patrick Lenihan
      Participant

Rear wheel vs mid wheel vs front wheel drive is a very important consideration.  Don’t let anybody pressure you into what you do not want. You are the person who has to live with the chair for the next 5 years. Tilt, recline, articulating elevating leg rests are all features that should be easily medically justifiable if you want those features. If you can afford it, an elevating seat is an awesome feature but unfortunately most insurance will not pay for it. Make sure the physical footprint and turning radius of the chair is small enough to use in your home. A lighting package for night time driving might be nice.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.